Senior Technical QA Tester
* No recruitment agencies please *
As our Senior Technical QA Tester, you will lead and continually develop the software testing process for our Digital Experience projects. After testing, you will continually monitor performance, to prevent potential reoccurrence of issues and to ensure efficient operation.
HOME’s Digital Experience team are focused on creating engaging, reliable and performant web applications and your role in this is extremely important. We follow agile principles and have a keen focus on ensuring our technical infrastructure enables our teams to perform to their best.
A Technical QA Tester’s role at HOME will include:
- Working as part of a project team in order to deliver a range of different web-based solutions
- Assisting in the definition of requirements and acceptance criteria
- Identifying the best testing strategies to apply to a project
- Helping to inform project decisions at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Supporting the UAT phase of a project by providing a client with support
- Developing and sharing knowledge on best testing practices
- Contributing to improving the development process
- Reporting to the Head of Tech and participating in regular meetings with the rest of the Tech team
- Developing our procedures and in-house testing framework
Our ideal candidate will love being a tester and thrive in fast-paced working environments. Being highly organised will be key, as will being able to work across multiple projects concurrently. Having a good knowledge of testing techniques and how and when to implement them goes with out saying. You’ll also need to be well versed in writing gerkin/acceptance criteria, have hands-on web testing experience and a good knowledge of web accessibility.
Ideally, you will have experience working in a digital agency or other fast-paced, client-focused software development house, as well as:
- Practical exposure to working in an Agile Software Development environment
- Experience of automated testing (i.e. of Cucumber, Ghost Inspector, Selenium, Webdriver)
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or information technology
- Knowledge of issue tracking products, such as JIRA
- Experience with stakeholders and external customers
Our projects are delivered with tight collaboration between designers, developers and project management. We do not work in isolation, rather in a supportive environment, focused on supporting and learning from one another.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please drop a line and your CV to James.Drawneek@homeagency.co.uk.