Senior Strategist (12 month maternity cover)
* No recruitment agencies please *
Role: Senior Strategist (12 month maternity cover)
Reports to: Head of Marketing Strategy / Insight and Strategy Director
Team: Insight & Strategy
Contract: Fixed Term
Office: Remote currently, usually based in Leeds, although we will consider fully remote or London based applications as well
Closing Date: 18/10/2021
We’re looking for a Senior Strategist to join our growing team to cover maternity leave, starting in October or November 2021.
You’ll be working as part of the largest Insight & Strategy team outside of London, across multiple brands and sectors – from gambling, travel, and FMCG right through to finance and retail.
Our Insight & Strategy team work on a wide range of strategic projects; from creating or re-vamping a brand positioning to make it more fit for the future, working with companies to help them develop compelling marketing strategies that will grow their business in the long term, solving thorny business challenges that need an external perspective, right through to setting the direction for a fully integrated campaign. Whatever the project type, and whichever client you are working on, you’ll be responsible for creating clarity and setting the direction so the rest of the agency can do their best work.
We’re looking for a candidate who is comfortable owning these strategic projects on multi-million pound accounts from start to finish. You’ll have 6+ years of experience, gained either client or agency side, and in an ideal world you’ll have knowledge and experience of FMCG as a category, D2C as an emerging opportunity for these brands, and a belief in the power of strong branding to create a lasting difference for businesses.
What we’re looking for in our future Homie:
This is the right role if you…
- Can see through complexity to the heart of the problem we need to solve
- Know how to unearth the simple and surprising truths that fuel amazing work
- Can present your thinking in a compelling way that brings everyone on the journey
- Are able to spot new opportunities and work directly with senior clients to develop these ideas
- Enjoy developing long term relationships with senior clients as an extension of their marketing team
- Know how to set a direction that is channel agnostic, and work with multi-disciplinary teams to bring it to life
- Are comfortable mentoring and supporting junior team members
- Are keen to continually push your own standards, and the standards of others around you
- Can work on your own, but are equally comfortable facilitating a workshop session with 20 other opinionated people
Is this an opportunity that sounds like it’s right up your street? Drop an email to Strategy.email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter.
Today there are over 160 of us spread across Leeds, London, Gibraltar and Sydney. At HOME, we live by our values of Courage Over Comfort, Creative Spirit and More Than Me.
We work hard, but have a good time whilst we’re at it. The HOME House of Representatives (AKA THHOR) bring everyone together and make sure life at HOME is fun by organising all sorts of activities and group socials, which keep up connected even when we’re apart.
Homie wellbeing is really important to us, which is why everyone has access to our trained Mental Health First Aiders. Plus, weekly massages (when we’re in the offices) work wonders to get rid of those everyday niggles! Of course, we also have all the usual things like a Learning & Development budget, a Health Cash Plan, access to our PERKS website and holiday trading.