* No recruitment agencies please *
Role: Media Manager
Reports to: Media Account Director
Office: Remote currently, usually hybrid working with base in Leeds
Closing Date: 08/10/2021
We are looking for a new Homie to join our growing media team. We are looking for someone you can be a capable Media Manager who is looking for a role that will give them experience across all elements of the job. So, this could mean working on the insight/strategy one day to the next negotiating and building relationships with media owners, implementing media plans, presenting plans to clients and analysing media performance. The role also involves working with the internal teams that develop and build the creative.
Being a growing team we need someone who can be multi-skilled and have excellent communication skills whether it be managing clients directly or working hand in hand with the wider media and creative teams at HOME.
The role would be great for someone looking to expand their experience and wishes to feel like what they do really makes a difference to the agency rather than being a cog in a machine.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for managing day-to-day media briefing and media plan implementation and ensuring these processes are efficient
- Co-ordinating media planning insight and strategy development across media clients
- Reviewing insight, developing strategies and working with mobile teams to develop plans
- Managing the gathering of audience insight, whether it be from research or data
- Being responsible for ensuring the process from client brief to implementation and evaluation happens effectively
- Being responsible for ensuring media is represented in the wider agency
- Helping to problem solve with wider stakeholders to ensure the media process operates smoothly within the wider agency framework
- Encouraging collaboration across the client account – in media and beyond
- Ensuring accounts are managed efficiently in terms of resource time and profitability, flagging any issues to the senior team promptly
- Keeping the Media Director updated with billings and GP changes
- Keeping on top of industry changes and helping to drive knowledge of the media landscape within the wider team
- Being responsible for developing training plans for the junior team members
- Effectively using relevant tools and systems such as YouGov, Addynamix, Caria and Adalyser
What we’re looking for in our future Homie:
We’re after someone who…
- Has high attention to detail, to ensure all admin is mistake free with minimal media invoice queries
- Will be able to motivate the team
- Can maintain composure and prioritise effectively when juggling multiple tasks and situations
- Is an effective collaborator, as you will need to work closely with planners, media specialists and wider agency services on a day-to-day basis
- Can build strong relationships with media owners; encouraging a collaborative and respectful approach to trading
- Can effectively manage team workloads by being a good organiser and time manager
- Is open and approachable
- Is able to think commercially and support the senior team in driving client growth
- Is a good communicator and a clear presenter, someone that’s able to tell a story and land key points
- Has a good grasp of all media channels, and is able to speak clearly across the entire landscape
- Is capable of understanding the entire brand experience and shifting strategies, from brand growth to direct response
- Must be able to demonstrate Microsoft Office skills working across the most popular Office programs
If you’re ready to get stuck into this busy and rewarding role, please fire over your CV and covering letter, here.
Today there are over 160 of us spread across Leeds, London, Gibraltar and Sydney. At HOME, we live by our values of Courage Over Comfort, Creative Spirit and More Than Me.
We work hard, but have a good time whilst we’re at it. The HOME House of Representatives (AKA THHOR) bring everyone together and make sure life at HOME is fun by organising all sorts of activities and group socials, which keep up connected even when we’re apart.
Homie wellbeing is really important to us, which is why everyone has access to our trained Mental Health First Aiders. Plus, weekly massages (when we’re in the offices) work wonders to get rid of those everyday niggles! Of course, we also have all the usual things like a Learning & Development budget, a Health Cash Plan, access to our PERKS website and holiday trading.