Digital Data Strategist
We are seeking an experienced, creative, consumer-centric and commercially-focused Digital Data Strategist to join our Insights and Data team. This team is a small, but fast-growing, high-performance group of data specialists working across a range of high-profile clients and projects.
The role is exclusively on a global pet care brand, and its key focus will be on generating a constant stream of reporting and actionable insights, often before the client and internal team know to ask for them.
You will need to understand the client’s business, marketing challenges and aspirations in order to work with other strategic leads to develop future data strategies and frame the strategy to capture, track, report and surface insights. You’ll have to think strategically, quickly, critically and creatively about how and where we will capture or access the data to drive these insights, before briefing the wider data team to put in place the tracking to capture and report effectively.
The successful candidate will be a pro-active problem-solver who can collaborate with large teams at pace and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. They will be curious to explore new ideas and find better ways of working, whilst inspiring and leading others. Adaptability is key here, so they will be able to react to the ever-developing priorities, focuses and goals that come from a client of this size and complexity. Ultimately, they’ll need to be passionate about data and the ideas and insights that it generates to make better marketing and business decisions every day.
Key responsibilities include:
- Defining the data strategy and working alongside the team to create the reporting cadence for all strategic campaigns, projects and workstreams
- Reviewing results and outputs to identify the key data and insights that have been generated, connecting the dots across multiple campaigns, strategies and projects
- Working closely with the wider team to understand, evolve and deliver the key data-driven, actionable insights that will drive the client’s business and marketing strategies forward
- Working closely with Global Client Partner, Programme Director and Strategic Account Directors across all projects to understand the wider client vision and ambitions
- Acting as the initial point of contact for the Insights and Data team for key clients, ensuring requests are handled confidently
- Leading regular status meetings and calls with key clients to communicate status, capture issues and set actions in relation to the data workstream
- Undertaking regular retrospective evaluations of client work to assess performance, identify opportunities and disseminate learnings
- Being a thought-partner for the team by bridging market and data trends to their specific challenges, dynamics, limitations and ambitions
- Being an active member of the team, inspiring and encouraging at all points to drive the team forwards
- Looking and thinking wider than just digital; working with other teams to identify market and consumer trends and new technologies that are of interest and relevance to the client objectives, ensuring HOME is always in touch with the wider industry
Desired experience includes:
- 5+ years working within data strategy, analytics or digital data roles (for example experience in some or all of BI, CRM data, analytics, CRO data)
- Digital agency experience
- Working with data teams and data analysts; understanding their needs and their potential method
- Working with global clients; stakeholder management at both global and local levels. Comfortable international travel
- Premium brand experience preferable
- Performance marketing/CRO or eCommerce experience is a plus
If this sounds like you, then you could you be the one for us! Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.