Happy, healthy Homies
Mental Health is something we take seriously at HOME, so we’re proud to announce that today, on World Mental Health Day, we’ve officially signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge.
Time to Change is an organisation and social movement working to change the way we all think and act about mental health problems. It is funded by the Department of Health and Social Care, Comic Relief and the Big Lottery Fund.
The overwhelming majority of people with mental health problems report being misunderstood by family members, shunned or ignored by friends, work colleagues and health professionals, called names and much worse.
Stigma and discrimination prevent people from seeking help: this can delay treatment and impair recovery. It isolates people, excluding them from day-to-day activities and making it harder to build new relationships or sustain current ones. It can stop people getting or keeping jobs.
By signing the pledge, we are committing to changing the way we all think and act about mental health in the workplace. This commitment is supported by a 12-month Employer Action Plan. Some of our actions for the coming year include:
- Training up more first aiders – by early November, we will have five wonderful Homies trained up
- Dedicated wellbeing rooms in both of our Leeds offices – a place everyone is welcome to use, to talk to a mental health first aider or a friend, or just for some alone time
- Access to literature on mental health – including plenty of official information from Mind, as well as books and self-help guides in our ‘wellbeing reading nook’
- Access to NABS – a charity dedicated to improving the wellbeing of everyone in the advertising and media industries
- Weekly massages to help relieve those day-to-day stresses
- Increasing the talks and events we hold around mental health
- Integrating wellbeing into our annual review process – we want Homies to know we care about more than just business performance, and to normalise questions around people’s feelings
Keep up with what we’re doing over on our social channels, @homeagencyuk.
Written by:Roisin Edwards Group HR Administrator
Category:What we're doing
You may also like
/ 20 Jan 2020
6 questions for 6 years: Tosh
HOME is a pretty special place to work. And we’re not just saying that ourselves – a hefty 45% of our Homies have been with us for 4 years or longer. We wanted to chat to some of ’em to find out what it is about HOME that makes them stay. SoRead more
/ 16 Jan 2020
Attention Seekers: Cutting Through the Noise
Making media more effective through the power of different perspectives. We believe media shouldn't exist in isolation. As such, media at HOME sits as part of a full service agency, so customer experience and creativity are always front of mind. WRead more