Happy, healthy Homies
Mental Health is something we take seriously at HOME, so we’re proud to announce that today, on World Mental Health Day, we’ve officially signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge.
Time to Change is an organisation and social movement working to change the way we all think and act about mental health problems. It is funded by the Department of Health and Social Care, Comic Relief and the Big Lottery Fund.
The overwhelming majority of people with mental health problems report being misunderstood by family members, shunned or ignored by friends, work colleagues and health professionals, called names and much worse.
Stigma and discrimination prevent people from seeking help: this can delay treatment and impair recovery. It isolates people, excluding them from day-to-day activities and making it harder to build new relationships or sustain current ones. It can stop people getting or keeping jobs.
By signing the pledge, we are committing to changing the way we all think and act about mental health in the workplace. This commitment is supported by a 12-month Employer Action Plan. Some of our actions for the coming year include:
- Training up more first aiders – by early November, we will have five wonderful Homies trained up
- Dedicated wellbeing rooms in both of our Leeds offices – a place everyone is welcome to use, to talk to a mental health first aider or a friend, or just for some alone time
- Access to literature on mental health – including plenty of official information from Mind, as well as books and self-help guides in our ‘wellbeing reading nook’
- Access to NABS – a charity dedicated to improving the wellbeing of everyone in the advertising and media industries
- Weekly massages to help relieve those day-to-day stresses
- Increasing the talks and events we hold around mental health
- Integrating wellbeing into our annual review process – we want Homies to know we care about more than just business performance, and to normalise questions around people’s feelings
Keep up with what we’re doing over on our social channels, @homeagencyuk.
Written by:Roisin Edwards Group HR Administrator
Category:What we're doing
You may also like
/ 06 Sep 2021
Our journey into DX: part two
Last week, we sat down with Chris (Head of Digital Experience Design), Elliot (UI and UX Designer), Kieran (Senior UI Designer) and Steph (Senior UX Designer), to learn how they first got a taste for the design world, and discussed whether you reallyRead more
/ 31 Aug 2021
Our journey into DX: part one
If you’ve been following our ‘What got me into marketing’ series, you’ll know by now that there is no one path into the industry. So, we sat down with Chris (Head of Digital Experience Design), Elliot (UI and UX Designer), Kieran (Senior UI DRead more