The brands the Dads like
Choosing what to buy your Dad for Father’s Day can be tricky – and there’s only so many pairs of socks you can buy him, right? So our Strategy & Planning team dug deep into YouGov to uncover the brands that Dads really do like.
So if you’re thinking of getting your Dad a gift for Father’s Day this Sunday (and you better be quick), here’s a guide to the brands they like to help you get your gift right.
- They’d be more than happy with a techie present, with the Samsung Galaxy and Sony PlayStation appearing in the top 10 for 50% of this age category.
- Also in the top 10 is a slight cheaper, yummier present: Ben & Jerry’s (49% of men).
- But 52% of men, in this age range, love Heinz. So if you’re on a budget, how about beans on toast for breakfast?
- Tech is still the front runner for Dads aged between 25-34, with Sony (51%), PlayStation (51%), Samsung (43%) and Google (44%) coming out on top.
- But 49% of them would still love a fresh pair of Nikes.
- For the 35 to 44s, Nike (51%) are in the top 3, and Adidas are in joint second with 51%.
- Sharing second place with these sneaker kings is… Heinz! (51%)
- Sony is the top brand for this age group (53%) – but for consumer electronics and home & office (so maybe give the PlayStation a miss).
- Classics like Gillette razors (48%) and M&S (49%) make a comeback for this slightly older generation.
- What about Heinz? It’s made a cheeky joint second appearance with 53%.
- This age group love M&S too (56%).
- Sony make an appearance at number 5 with 50%.
- But, yes, you’ve guessed it… Heinz is in at number 4 with 52%.
Still in doubt? Why not make your Dad some beans on toast. Then let him have a lie-in.